Swinburne Ice Shelf
The Swinburne Ice Shelf (), is an ice shelf just north of Edward VII Peninsula and the Alexandra Mountains in the southern part of Sulzberger Bay, Antarctica. The ice shelf is 20 mi long and 5 mi wide and extends from Fisher Island to White Islands. It was photographed from aircraft and mapped by the Byrd Antarctic Expedition (ByrdAE), 1928–30. Named by Advisory Committee on Antarctic Names (US-ACAN) for Captain H.W Swinburne, Jr., Deputy Commander and Chief of Staff, U.S. Naval Support Force, Antarctica, during Operation Deep Freeze 1970 and 1971.