PronitPronit (Zakłady Tworzyw Sztucznych Pronit-Pionki (ZTS Pronit)) is a Polish factory of plastic materials by the town of Pionki, Radom County. Among its specialties, it includes the factory of vinyl record plates, and thus is mostly known as an old Polish record label.
Pronit originates from the factory of gunpowder and explosives established in 1923 by a village of Zagożdżon in the wilderness of the Kozienice Forest (:pl:Puszcza Kozienicka). In 1932 the village was renamed to Pionki, In the interbellum period, Pionki prospered due to government contracts, as demand for explosives of its chemical plant was high. The trend continued after World War II, and Pionki had eventually grown into a town (1954).
After World War II its production expanded to include plastics, glues, etc. Later it started production of polyvinyl chloride and vinyl records. Pronit pressed plates under their own label, as well as for a number of Polish record labels:
Since 1990 the enterprise has been in a crisis. In 2010 the enterprise decided to start pressing "nostalgy" vinyl plates.