is an unincorporated community
located in the town of Rock
, Wood County
, United States.
The name "Nasonville" at one time applied to a vague region commencing about three or four miles southwest of what was to become Marshfield
, and extending towards Maple Works
in Clark County
, since the brothers Solomon L.
and William G. Nason had settled at a site about eleven miles southwest of Marshfield in the Spring of 1855. The Nasons were from Cumberland County
. They settled permanently in what would later be termed Nasonville proper in September 1856, buying land in Section 5, Town 24 N, Range 2 E (Rock Township
), and also buying several adjoining sections. Solomon later donated a portion of this land, on which the hamlet
would be erected. Solomon Nason established and kept a store in Nasonville, and when a Nasonville post office was established was appointed postmaster in 1859, serving in that capacity until 1878. The Nasonville post office closed permanently in 1900.
Solomon Nason, pioneer, legislator