Angaston, South AustraliaAngaston is a town on the eastern side of the Barossa Valley in South Australia, 77 km northeast of Adelaide. Its elevation is 347 m, one of the highest points in the valley, and has an average rainfall of 561 mm. Angaston was originally known as German Pass, but was later renamed after the politician, banker and pastoralist George Fife Angas, who settled in the area in the 1850s. Angaston is in the Barossa Council local government area, the state electoral district of Schubert and the federal Division of Barker.
Angaston was the terminus of the Barossa Valley railway line which was built in 1911. The railway has now closed and been replaced by part of the Barossa Trail walking and cycling path from Nuriootpa.