wikiamp

Akron Rural Cemetery Buildings

Akron Rural Cemetery Buildings is a registered historic building in Akron, Ohio, listed in the National Register on 1980-09-27. They are credited to prominent Akron architect Frank O. Weary. The Akron Rural Cemetery Building refer to four buildings in the present day Glendale Cemetery.
  • The Memorial Chapel was built in 1876 as an American Civil War monument and was erected by Buckley Post #12 Grand Army of the Republic.
  • The Bell Tower was built in 1883
  • The Caretakers Lodge was built in 1869
  • The Office was built in 1903

    Historic uses

  • Single Dwelling
  • Business
  • Religious Structure